Smashed Red-Skinned Potatoes with Boursin & Scallions
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Boursin cheese (with garlic and herbs), cut into pieces and at room temperature
- 3 scallions (white parts with some green), chopped
- 1-¾ to 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks (1-½ to 2 inches)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by at least an inch. Add a generous 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to maintain a steady simmer, cover the pot partially, and cook until the potatoes are quite tender when tested with a metal skewer, 15 to 20 min...