Smoked Haddock Chowder
- Look for smoked haddock, also known as finnan haddie, at better supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and pikeplacefish.com.
- Common Crackers
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 leek
- 1 celery stalk
- + 4 more ingredients
- 2 boneless smoked haddock fillets
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Place haddock fillets in a large wide pot. Cover with 5 cups cold water. Place pot over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until fish is just cooked, about 5 minutes. Transfer fish to a plate; let cool. Discard skin and any scales; flake fish into large piece...