Soft Tacos with Fried Parsley and Lemon
- About 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 bunch curly parsley, coarse stems discarded
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- a deep-fat thermometer
- lemon wedges
1. Heat 1 1/2 inches oil to 375°F in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart saucepan, then fry parsley (use caution; oil will spatter) until leaves are dark green, about 45 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to several layers of paper towels and season with salt. 2. Return oil to 375°F, then fry lemon slices,...