Soft Tacos with Sliced Chiles and Cheese (Rajas Con Queso)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ pound jack cheese, cut into thick slices
- 3 fresh poblano chiles (about 10 oz. total)
- 1 white onion (about 1/2 lb.), thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 warm corn or flour tortillas (6 to 7 in. wide)
1. Preheat broiler. Put chiles on a baking sheet and broil about 3 in. from heat, turning as needed to char and blister on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Let cool. Discard stems and seeds. Cut chiles into thin strips. 2. Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-in. frying pan over medium-high heat, cook onion ...