Spanish Potato and Egg "Tortilla"
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- /4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup drained roasted red peppers packed in olive oil with garlic
- + 4 more ingredients
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 pounds baking potatoes (2 to 3 large), peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons roasted pepper oil (from jar of peppers)
Put oil, onion and potato in a heavy, 10-inch skillet; cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.Preheat broiler. Beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture. Spread out entire mixture, then cook over low heat until bottom is lightly brow...