Spinach & Grilled Radicchio Salad
- 7 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz. baby spinach (about 6 cups), rinsed well and spun dry
- ¾ to 1 lb. radicchio (2 small or 1 large), trimmed and quartered through the core
- 3-½ to 4 oz. shaved Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
Heat a gas grill to medium or prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire. Brush the radicchio with 2 Tbs. of the oil and sprinkle with 3/4 tsp. kosher salt. Grill the radicchio (covered if using a gas grill) until it browns and chars lightly in spots on one side, 3 to 4 min. Flip and grill until the othe...