Spirited Fruit Pie
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups peeled, coarsely chopped pear
- + 10 more ingredients
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 vanilla bean, halved
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- Cheddar cheese slices (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups peeled, coarsely chopped Granny Smith apple
- ½ cup raisins
Combine raisins and brandy; cover and let stand at room temperature 8 hours. Drain raisins, discarding brandy.
Roll 1 piecrust into a 12-inch circle on a floured surface; fit pastry into a 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pieplate.
Combine apple and pear; add lemon juice, tossing lightly. Comb...