Star Anise & Rosemary Rib-Eye Steak
- 1 tsp. ground star anise or ½ tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil; more as needed
- 1 1-½ to 2-inch-thick boneless rib-eye steak (1-½ to 2 lb.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
In a small bowl, combine the rosemary and star anise with 2 tsp. kosher salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Coat the steak on both sides with the oil and rub the seasoning mix all over both sides, too. Set aside for half an hour at room temperature or, for even more flavor, wrap the steak in plastic wrap and...