Steamed Mussels and Clams with Two Sauces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 24 littleneck clams
- Chive butter:
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- + 6 more ingredients
- ¼ cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Cocktail sauce:
1. To prepare cocktail sauce, combine chili sauce, juice, dill, and horseradish in a small bowl.
2. To prepare chive butter, combine butter and chives in a small bowl; cover and keep warm.
3. To prepare shellfish, place wine and Old Bay in a large Dutch oven; set a large vegetable ...