Sugar-and-Spice Skillet-Roasted Duck Breasts
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 6 6-ounce boneless Pekin duck breasts
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2 whole(s) star anise pods
- 1 teaspoon(s) black peppercorns
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a spice grinder, grind the star anise pods and black peppercorns to a powder. Transfer the powder to a small bowl and stir in the sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Heat a large ovenproof skillet. Season the duck breasts with salt and generously sprinkle them with the spic...