Summer Amatriciana Sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt; more to taste
- 1-½ lb. cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ¼-inch dice (to yield about 2 cups)
- 2-¼-inch-thick slices pancetta, cut into short strips (¼ inch wide and ½ inch long)
In a 10- or 11-inch sauté pan, heat the oil and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened but not browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until the pancetta has begun to render its fat and the onion and pancetta are roughly the same muted sha...