Sweet Potato Yeast Bread
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened; 1 pkg(8 ounce cream cheese, softened; 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted.
- 3/14 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 3 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup(s) honey
- + 4 more ingredients
- ½ cup(s) + 1 T butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup(s) mashed sweet potatoes, canned yams work fine
- 1 ¾ cup(s) warm water (110° -115°)
- 2 package(s) - ¼ ounce each active dry yeast
In a large mixing bow., dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sweet potatoes, 1/2 C. butter, honey, egg, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough all purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn into a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 - 8 minutes. Place in a g...