Tomato-and-Mango Salad with Curry-Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cored and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium mangoes (about 2 pounds), peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (about 6 oranges)
Bring the orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 25 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in oil, curry powder, and salt. Cool to room temperature.
Divide the tomato wedges and mango strips evenly among 6 salad plates. ...