- chilled single pouring cream
- cocoa powder for dusting
- 1 pint (570 ml) double cream, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons rum
- 5 tablespoons liquid glucose
- 1 lb (450 g) dark chocolate (75 per cent cocoa solids) – the best quality possible
- 3 oz (75 g) Amaretti biscuits, crushed finely with a rolling pin
Start off by sprinkling the crushed biscuits all over the base of the tin. Next, break the chocolate into sections and put them in a heatproof bowl together with the liquid glucose and the rum. Fit the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then leave it until the chocolate has melted and bec...