Truffled Asparagus Crostini
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 24 (1-inch) slices French bread baguette
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Manchego cheese
- 2 ½ teaspoons truffle oil or extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
Preheat broiler. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; turn over and broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on pan. Fill a large skillet with water to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boi...