Tuna with Tomato-Caper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tuna steaks (such as albacore or yellowfin; each about 6 oz. and 1 in. thick)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) crushed tomatoes in purée
- + 2 more ingredients
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup dry red wine
1. Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper. Pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add onion and stir frequently until limp, about 5 minutes.
2. Push onion to side of pan and add tuna steaks. Cook, turning once, ...