Turnip and Pear Purée
- ½ cup heavy cream, heated
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (¾ stick), at room temperature
- 1 pound ripe pears (Bosc, Anjou, or Bartlett), peeled, cut into 1-½-inch cubes, and kept in water with the juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-½-inch cubes
- 3 pounds "turnips,":http://www.chow.com/ingredients/110 peeled and cut into 1-½-inch cubes
Combine turnips and potatoes in a large saucepan or small stockpot and cover by 2 inches with cold water. (Turnips float, so you’ll have to push them down to make sure you’ve got enough water.) Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium high, partially cover, and cook fo...