Two-Tone Puff Straws
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt or 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half of a 17.3-oz. package), at room temperature
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- Seasoning mix (recipes below)
1. Unfold pastry sheet; lay flat on a lightly floured board. Roll into a 1/16-inch-thick rectangle (10 by 14 in.); cut in half crosswise. Lightly brush both halves with egg. Sprinkle one evenly with seasoning mix. Set remaining half, egg side down, over seasoned half, aligning edges. Gently roll ...