Vanilla Gelato Bites with Chocolate and Hazelnuts
- Special equipment: bite-sized ice cream scoop and wooden popsticks
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (about 5 ounces)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint vanilla gelato or ice cream
1. Place a small tray or a plate in the freezer. Remove the gelato from the freezer to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove the chilled tray from the freezer. Scoop out 16 bite-sized balls of gelato and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and quickly insert a wooden popst...