Vanilla-Ginger Peach Pie
- ¾ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Flaky Pie Crust
- 3 pounds firm, ripe yellow peaches, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Set a baking sheet lined with foil on the bottom rack. In a spice grinder, combine the tapioca and the vanilla bean seeds and grind to a fine powder. Add the candied ginger and pulse until finely ground.2. Transfer the tapioca mixture to a large bowl. Add the peaches ...