Vanilla Layer Cake with Chocolate Buttercream & Raspberry Jam
- 1 recipe Vanilla Butter Cake
- 2 cups toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
- 3 Tbs. Chambord or other liqueur
- ¾ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 recipe Buttercream Frosting, flavored with melted bittersweet chocolate (see Variations)
Level the cakes, if necessary, and slice each cake into two layers making a total of four layers of cake. In a small bowl, stir together the raspberry jam and Chambord. Place the bottom cake layer on a flat serving platter or a cake stand lined with strips of waxed paper to keep it clean while a...