- 1-½ oz. (3 Tbs.) unsalted butter, at room temperature; more for the pan
- 1-2/3 cups heavy cream
- Finely grated zest of 2 tangerines (about 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp.)
- ½ tsp. table salt
- 4-½ oz. (¼ cup plus 3 Tbs.) honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups granulated sugar
Butter an 8x8-inch baking pan, line the bottom with parchment, and butter the parchment well. Don’t worry if the parchment pops up a bit, the weight of the caramel will press it back down. In a small saucepan, heat the cream with the vanilla over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce th...