Verjus Sauce for Oysters
- 1 Tbs. finely minced fresh shallot
- 1 tsp. grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 Tbs. closely snipped fresh chives or chive blossoms
- 2 Tbs. whole black peppercorns, preferably Tellicherry
- 1 cup white verjus
- ¼ tsp. salt, preferably sea salt
In a small, heavy-based skillet, heat the oil until very hot. Add the peppercorns, reduce the heat to medium low, and toast the peppercorns, swirling frequently, until aromatic, about 5 min. Pour the hot peppercorns onto a cutting board to cool. Using a blunt object (such as the bottom of a clean...