- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice; more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed, coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 1 or 2 bunches)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted and cooled
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and green parts from about 6 medium scallions)
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Put the parsley, walnuts, cheese, scallions, and 1 tsp. salt in a food processor. Turn on the machine and slowly pour the olive oil in through the feed tube. Process until the mixture comes together into a thick paste. With the machine running, add the lemon juice and 3 to 4 Tbs. water to thin th...