Warm Tomato and White Bean Stew
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- About 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- About ½ cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- About ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, rinsed (see notes)
- + 2 more ingredients
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into cubes (1/2 in.)
1. Core and dice tomatoes. In a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Let stand until tomatoes are very juicy, about 15 minutes.
2. Set pan over medium-low heat and gently stir in beans. Stir occasionally until mixture is war...