Sautéed Whole Trout with Sage and White Wine
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 trout (about 3/4 pound each), cleaned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- About 36 fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage
1. Rinse the fish and dry the surface and the cavity of each thoroughly with paper towels. In a large nonstick frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil with 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderately high heat. Sprinkle the trout with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Put the trout in t...