My Own Hickory Smoked Salmon
- Spray oil of your choice, something with minimum flavor
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite BBQ sauce
- course ground black pepper 1 tsp
- a light white wine, enough to cover the the pan holding the fish - a light Sauvignon Blanc is what I have used
- One large fillet of salmon with the skin on. 2 to 4 pounds
mixing the wine, BBQ sauce and black pepper and poor into a large pan. Place fish skin side up into the pan and place in the fridge. Go start your grill. Place the hickory chips in water to soak. Get the charcoal burning– DO NOT USE ANY MATCH LIGHT PRODUCT or USE ANY STARTER FLUID – IT WILL R...