- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 1-¼ lb. skin-on salmon fillet, preferably centercut and very fresh
- 2 tsp. vodka (optional)
- 2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup kosher salt
Set a small perforated pan, a flat-bottomed colander or strainer basket, or even a cooling rack or a broiler pan in a baking dish or similar container to catch drippings. Line the perforated pan with a large piece of cheesecloth, allowing the edges to drape over the sides of the pan. Remove the ...
Variations on Gravlax
- About 5 pounds worth of weight-a couple of phone books should do nicely.
- 2 tablespoon(s) juniper berries
- Plastic wrap
- Really big knife
- +7 other ingredients