Potatoes Topped with Smoked Salmon and Fennel
- ¼ cup fennel bulb (sometimes called anise)
- fennel fronds or fresh dill sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 small (1 1/2-inch) red boiling potatoes
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
Cover potatoes with salted water by 1 inch in a large saucepan, then simmer, uncovered, until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool. Stir together salmon, fennel bulb, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Halve cooled potatoes and season cut sides with salt and pepper....