Salmon Fillets with Horseradish-Potato Crust
- 1-½ tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 small boiling potato, about the size of a jumbo egg, boiled until just tender, chilled, and peeled
- 2 salmon fillets, about 6 oz. each and 1 inch thick (cut and fold to an even thickness)
- 2 tsp. oil or melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 400°F. Grate the potato using the large holes of a box grater, but don’t apply too much pressure—you want fairly thin shavings. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the oil or melted butter. Spread half the horseradish on each fillet and season with a little more salt and p...