Salmon with Red-Wine Sauce
- 2 scallions, bulbs and green tops chopped separately
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 salmon steaks, about 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds in all)
1. Heat the oven to 450°. Put the oil in a small stainless-steel, enameled, or nonstick roasting pan and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Season the fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Put the fish in the hot pan; cook in the oven until just done, about 8 minutes. 2. Remove the fi...