Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- 8 large slices pumpernickel bread, each cut into four 2-inch triangles
- One-half medium English cucumber
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced cold-smoked salmon, cut into 16 pieces
In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.Peel the cucumber. Then, using the peeler, shave 16 wide strips from several sides of the cucumber (discard the seed core). In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber strips with 1/4 tsp. salt and let sit until...