Smoked Salmon on Belgian Endive with Crème Fraîche& Chives
- 4 large heads Belgian endive, preferably a mix of green and red endive
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche (available in the specialty cheese section of some supermarkets)
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut crosswise into ¼-inch-wide strips
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch segments
- ½ medium lemon
Discard any damaged outer endive leaves. Trim the root end and separate the leaves. You should end up with 35 to 40 large leaves (save the small inner leaves for a salad). Arrange the leaves on a baking sheet. Put the crème fraîche in a squeeze bottle or a small piping bag. You can also make a p...