Sautéed Shrimp and Hazelnut Romesco
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 Tbs. fine breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and seeded
- 8 dried Nyora or Ancho chiles
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- + 4 more ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 16 extra-large shrimp, shelled, deveined, and rinsed
- 2 large red bell peppers
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 Tbs.
Snap the stems from the chiles. Shake out and discard the seeds. Put the chiles in a heatproof bowl and cover with 2 cups boiling water. Set a small plate on top to keep the peppers submerged and let sit until softened, about 20 minutes. Discard the soaking liquid. Set the peppers aside. Roast t...