Shrimp Newburg on Toast Points
- ¾ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Dash of ground red pepper
- ¾ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- + 5 more ingredients
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Combine milk, flour, sherry, and egg yolk, stirring wit...