Barbecued Cabbage with Santa Fe Seasonings
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce (such as Stubbs)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2-pound) head green cabbage
- 2 links hot turkey Italian sausage (about 6 ounces)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- + 2 more ingredients
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hickory wood chips
Soak wood chips in water 1 hour.
To prepare grill for indirect grilling, place a disposable aluminum foil pan in center of grill. Arrange charcoal around foil pan; heat to medium heat. Crumple a 12-inch-long piece of aluminum foil with your hands to form a 3-inch ring. Place foil ring on...