Pressed Turkey and Farmhouse Cheddar on Egg Bread
- 2 ounces farmhouse cheddar, such as Lancashire or Cotswold
- 2 tablespoons peach chutney, cranberry sauce, or fruit preserves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 4 slices brioche loaf, Pullman loaf, or challah
Preheat an electric sandwich press (or waffle iron). Make 2 sandwiches, dividing the cheese and turkey evenly between them. Spread the outside of each sandwich with the butter and cook both on the press or iron. (Or cook the sandwiches in a heavy sauté pan over medium heat, turning once, until th...