Turkey Patty Melt with Grilled Onion Relish
- 8 (¼-inch thick) slices Gruyere
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 (¼-inch thick) slices good quality rye bread
- Grilled Onion Relish, recipe follows
1. Heat grill to high. Divide the ground turkey into 4 equal burgers, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-well doneness (the burger will continue to cook when placed back on the grill in the next step). 2 red onions, peeled ...