- 4 ounces roast turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive tapenade (store-bought is fine)
- 4 ounces Port-Salut, fontina, or Gouda cheese, shredded on the large holes of a box grater
- 4 slices pain au levain, each ½-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) unsalted butter, softened
Preheat the press. Evenly spread 1/4 of the butter on each bread slice and sprinkle with salt. Place 2 bread slices butter side down on a work surface and arrange the half of the cheese on each slice. Place the remaining 2 bread slices down on the work surface and spread half of the tapenade on e...